We all are aware about the benefits of email marketing in online business and especially when it is an Ecommerce Sector. From sales growth, brand awareness to better return of investment, email marketing provides many more opportunities for store admins. It is one of the cost effective tools to drive more customers. It will be more beneficial to admins if they are allowed to send the custom emails as per customer’s activity on their website. Magento 2 Email Templates Extension allows admin to customize, edit or modify the email templates as per their needs.
Email Templates in Magento 2 allow the store admin to create new email templates where the body content is already provided in the default templates along with the header and footer. Admin just needs to add the custom message and add variables because the content is formatted with HTML and CSS which can be easily customized. Brand Logo and store information are already included in the default template which can be used without further customization.
Admin needs to enable SMTP to make sure that the email has been sent to customers' inbox. MageAnts Magento 2 Email Templates recommends creating new templates and use them as a default email template instead of customizing default email templates.
Let’s follow the below steps and find out how you can customize the default templates or create a new one and configure it for your Magento 2 store:
Customize Templates via the Admin Panel
The custom templates created by the store admin using Admin Panel will be prioritized over the default templates or theme-based templates. Any custom templates created via the Admin Panel have priority over default or theme-based templates.
- Log in to the Magento 2 Admin Panel
- Go to Marketing->Communications->Email Templates
- Click on ‘Add New Template’ and make the next settings
- When admin clicks on Add New Templates, the system displays the New Template Form where admin can
- Load the default template, that means admin can select one of the default templates from the list and customize the default template code programmatically as required.
Add Some Template Information such as:
- Template Name: Add the name in Template Name Field by which the new template will be identified.
- Template Subject: Enter the subject of the email template, which is to be displayed in the subject line once it’s sent.
- Template Content: Customize the HTML content of the template as required. Insert the email template variables.
- Template Style: Add and modify the CSS styles for the template as required. The style elements will be included in the <head> tag of the file put between tag <style>...</style>. The styles will be included in the template_styles variable.
- Click on the ‘Save Template’ button to save the customized template in the back end.
Now let’s start with the steps to know how you can enable/apply the customized templates in Magento 2:
Once the custom template has been created admin needs to set that template via admin panel.
- In Admin Panel, navigate to the Store->Settings->Configuration->Sales->Sales Emails.
- Navigating to the above path, a drop down list will be displayed where admin needs to select “New Order Confirmation Template” option.
- Now from the given drop-down list, choose the custom email template and click on the “Save Config” button to complete the process.
The focus of this article is on how to engage your customers by sending custom emails to them using Magento 2 Email Templates. As email is one of key important modes of channel to communicate with customers, we facilitate Magento 2 store admin to send attractive custom emails to their customers as per their activities on their store website and make an excellent impact on customers. In case you have queries related to this article, feel free to contact us.