So, let’s jump into what new features and performance improvements are available in Magento 2.3.5
New Security-only Patch Release:
With the help of New Security-only Patch, the merchant can install time-sensitive security fixes without applying several functional fixes. If you want to read more about security—only patches, refer Magento DevBlog’s post Introducing the New Security-only Patch Release.
Magento 2.3.5 version upgrade includes more than 25 security fixes that will help in close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities. Content security policy (CSP) and Removal of session-id from URLs are two more security improvements in this version.
Significant Upgrades in the Platform:
Magento has done the below-recorded enhancements to upgrade website security and PCI stability.
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.5: Now, Elasticsearch supports to catalog search engine for both Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source.
- Deprecation of Payment Integration: With this release, the integration of the third party payment is deprecated, including Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource and Worldpay. Due to this depreciation, Magento recommends installing official extensions from the Magento Marketplace for alternatives.
- Enhancement in Symfony Components
Signifyd Fraud Protection Code:
This core feature is no longer supported. Store owners should migrate to the Signifyd Fraud and Chargeback Protection extension.
Deprecation of Zend Framework:
Deprecated to the Laminas Project
Boosts in Performance:
Magento has upgraded the Magento 2.3.5 to provide the following performance improvements.
- Enhancement in Customer Data Section Invalidation Logic: This version introduced a new method to invalidate all customer section data that ignore a known issue with logical storage when section.xml invalidations are active.
- Number of Optimization to Improve Redis Performance
Improvement in Infrastructure:
Magento has improved core quality fixes that will upgrade the nature of the framework structure and modules, including catalog, sales, PayPal, Elasticsearch, Import, CMS, and B2B.
Improvements in Merchant Tools:
Inventory Management enhancements:
In this release, the following improvements have been made to amplify the performance of inventory management.
- Introduced new bulk API for checkout and cart verification
- Unique extension point for SourceDataProvider and StockDataProvider
- Capability to view the allocated inventory sources from the Orders list
To know more about Inventory Management release notes, click here.
Improvements in GraphQL:
With the release of this version of Magento, products and categoryList queries can be used by a merchant to retrieve detailed information about the same products and categories that have been added to a staged campaign.
Enhancement in PWA Studio
This release includes:
- Importer performance gets improved and coupon code resend
- Integration of Engagement Cloud and Magento B2B
Google Shopping ads Channel:
The Google shopping ads channel bundled is no longer supported; however; an alternative to this other extensions are available on the Magento Marketplace as listed below:
- Migrate your catalog and Google campaigns directly to Google Merchant Centre and Google ads
- Lots of new extensions are available at Magento Marketplace to serve your needs
This is not an end of the list. Apart from these fantastic features, there are lots of upgrades Magento 2.3.5 has such as enhancement in Vendor-developed extension like Klarna, Yotop, Vertex. Third-party vendors develop these extensions with improvements in quality and UX.
How to Download Magento 2.3.5 Commerce?
To download and install Magento 2.3.5 Commerce, we recommend getting in touch with the certified Magento developers so that everything will go right.
Other Notable Release
- Improved Adobe Stock integration.
- A bundle product prices are calculated correctly on the product page.
So, these improvements are available with its latest version upgrade, which is Magento 2.3.5. To know what other fixes Magento has brought, read this official Magento release note for Magento 2.3.5.
We hope you loved this article, let us know your views and opinion in the comment section. For any help, contact now to let us know your problems as we are willing to support your every time.